The Role Dichotomy and Collaboration between the Publicity Secretary of a party and the Hon. Commissioner for Information
By Morgan Ekanem
….Ini Ememobong is too informed to be ignorant
Hallelujah, Christ is risen! This should be the message for this morning but the world wouldn’t sanction such a simple but amazing message of Christ whose death and reseurrection is the very definition of our existence.
Mr Charles Udoh is the Honourable Commissioner for information, Akwa Ibom state.
Obong Paul Ekpo is the Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party, Akwa Ibom State.
Ini Ememobong is the Publicity Secretary, People’s Democratic Party, Akwa Ibom State.
“So Ini Ememobong has been the acting Commissioner for Information awaiting confirmation all this while”
My attention has been directed to some unscrupulous speculations on the social media space in our state by some concerned and conscientious Akwa Ibom Sons and daughters regarding the persons and offices of Mr Charles Udoh and Comrade Ini Ememobong whose offices have been very clearly defined above. whereas I cannot interrogate the intentions of the purveyors of the mischief, whether it be mere mischief or an attempt to ground the very harmonious working relationship between the Hon Commissioner for information, Mr Charles Udoh and the Publicity Secretary of the Party in the state, Comrade Ini Ememobong, I wish to very categorically state thus in response to such speculations, speaking directly to you, dear mishief maker;
1) As the Media relations Officer to the Publicity Secretariat of the PDP Akwa Ibom State, I work directly with the Publicity Secretary and I state here as a fact that Ini Ememobong has never carried out his duties as the Commissioner for information (acting) nor has he ever nursed the ambition of toppling his senior friend and brother, The Commissioner for Information, a personality he has tremendous respect for;
2) That I am aware that there is a very amazing work relationship between the duo who have collabarated at various fronts to ensure that the job of information management is effectively handled in the state.
3) That while the Publicity Secretary works for the party; it is and has always been the job of the Hon Commissioner to work for the government while the Chief Press Secretary works directly for the Governor on the same role of information management. It is necessary that you note that these three offices work together for an effective information system in any government, whether national or at the state level.
4) I wish to draw your attention to the fact that the Publicity Secretary’s role may have appeared prominent in the few months just passing because HE, Udom Emmanuel was a “Candidate” of the party and as such needed the machineries of the party to win elections. That explains the seeming “obviousness” of the Publicity Secretary’s role; he was merely Carrying out Party assignments. Instructively, most of the roles he played were with the active approval of the Hon. Commissioner for Information;
5) You may also wish to note that since HE Udom Emmanuel was re-elected on the 9th of March, 2019, the Publicity Secretary has retreated in his public presence on information related assignments. This is because politics is near over and after politics comes governance. Put another way, The Honourable Commissioner is to the government what the Publicity Secretary is to the party and the duo have a full understanding of these roles and have worked harmoniously in such lines;
On the strength of the forgoing, I condemn in totality this your abysmal and lack-lustre sarcasm and hereby call on you to exercise caution in the future exercise of your liberty to publish on your timeline.
I write in the interest of the state.
Media Relations Officer
PDP, Akwa Ibom State