Stop embarrassing us, Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District youths warn Umoh, others
The Youth of Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District under the aegis of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District Village Youths has warned a 14 member group who recently ordered a campaign of calumny against the Publicity Secretary of the People Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom State, Comrade Ini Ememobong to desist henceforth from embarrassing youths of the Senatorial district.
In a Communiqué issued at the end of an emergency meeting on May 27, the youth group condemned the communique issued by the ’14 members Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District youths coalition’ describing it as a brazen act aimed at putting the youths of the Senatorial district in a bad light.
According to the Communiqué, the group maintained that the Communiqué issued by the 14 members Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District youths coalition was a calculated attempts by the coalition to subjugate the defeat of former Senate Minority leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio in the just concluded National Assembly elections as a tool to instigate tribal sentiments.
The group declared their unflinching support to the administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel and other victorious Akwa Ibomite who were unanimously chosen during the just concluded general election.
The Communiqué reads:
A communique of the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district village youths issued at the end of an emergency meeting held at Independence hall, Abak on May 27, 2019.
In these days of disillusionment and despondency among many of our people, the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District Village youths at an emergency meeting held at the Independence hall, Abak, after the end of robust deliberations on pertinent issues, has taken strong positions on many issues affecting the Senatorial district and resolved as follows:
1. That we condemned in strong terms, a purported communique issued by a 14 person self acclaimed members of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district youths coalitions, which is a brazen act aimed at setting a bad precedents for youths of the Senatorial District.
2.That we are concerned about the calculated attempts by the 14 person Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district Youths coalitions to subjugate the defeat of Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio in the just concluded National Assembly elections as a tool to instigate tribal sentiments by calling for a campaign of calumny against the personality of the Publicity secretary of the People Democratic Party (PDP), Comrade Ini Ememobong.
3. That we frown at the attitude exhibited by these 14 misguided elements who have resorted to causing chaos and putting the youths of the Senatorial district in bad light.
4. That we apologize to Akwa Ibomite for the irresponsible and reckless statement made by the 14 member Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district youth coalitions and assure them that the attempts by the 14 misguided elements to cause a tribal war in order to please their pay master does not reflect the stands of the entire youths of the Senatorial District.
5. That we warn Mr Ubokobong Umoh and his team of comedians who could not win elections at their respective polling units to desist henceforth from glorifying their electoral defeat and embarrassing the youths of the Senatorial district.
6. That we re-affirmed our unflinching support to His Excellency Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, our Senator elect, Dr Christopher Ekpenyong and other victorious Akwa Ibomite who were unanimously chosen by Akwa Ibom people despite the warsaw threat and federal might boasting of the broom wielding family.